This innovative gasket is coated using a GPT proprietary material designed specifically for the oil and gas industry that is extremely abrasion and impact resistant. The coating is also chemically resistant to attack from H2S, steam, CO, CO2, and other chemicals found in oil and gas pipelines.
EVOLUTION® has passed API 6FB fire testing in multiple sizes and pressure classes and has a considerable increase in operating temperature over GRE products. Furthermore, EVOLUTION® does not have the permeation issues or chemical attack that plagues GRE gaskets.
Under harsh conditions, gaskets made from GRE may be vulnerable to chemical attack, blowout, thermal attack, hydrolysis and emissions —all of which can have serious consequences. EVOLUTION® is different. Its revolutionary materials and design provides industry-leading resistance to leakage and flange corrosion, as well as unprecedented levels of fire safety.
Unlike GRE gaskets, which are prone to delamination, EVOLUTION® has no laminations and as a result can better withstand high-pressure environments.
Rated to 500°F (260°C)*, EVOLUTION® can also operate under high temperatures. Tested comprehensively for safety, the product has API 6FB, 3rd Edition Fire Test recognition.
* When used with Mica sleeves and washers
Patent Pending PCT/US2018/016011
Features and Benefits
316L Stainless Steel Core
• Only three millimeters (1/8 inch) thick
• Thinner profile helps make installation easier and more accurate
• High dielectric strength
• Eliminates expensive exotic cores due to the fully encapsulated coating
• Rated to 500°F (260°C)
*For higher temperature applications, please order MICA sleeves and MICA washers.
Inconel 718 C-Ring
• Fire safe - provides the added security of knowing that the gasket has passed the API 6FB, 3rd Edition Fire Test in
• High pressure - extremely high pressure capability
PTFE ID Seal
• Resistant to typical oil and gas chemicals, in particular H2S, CO, & CO2
• Impermeable seal and encapsulated carrier eliminates the need to replace gaskets following hydro-testing
• Larger than the pipe bore so that under compression it matches the pipe bore