Maintenance Pigging Strategies
With more and more wet gas systems in play, sweeping liquids has become as critical as cleaning paraffin out of oil lines. No matter what kind of lines you are maintaining, an effective maintenance program starts with knowing your line and selecting the proper pig. Drinkwater Products will help you in this process and can lay out a recommended strategy based on over 25 years of maintenance pigging experience.
OPTIONS and DATA
- Free Consultation
- Will provide spreadsheet with pipeline data including pig to be used on each line.
- Pig Options - Foam, Cast-Urethane, Steel Mandrel, Spheres
- Cleaning Options - Steel Brushes, Pencil Brushes, Plastic Brushes, Urethane Blades, Metal Studs, Silicon Carbide
- The following information is helpful:
- Is this a new or old line?
- Length of line
- Pipe ID (Internal Diameter or Wall Thickness)
- Bend Radius
- Wyes and Fittings
- Type of Product
- Flow Rates
- Pressure during normal operations
- Has any debris been recovered while pigging?
It's most important to track your pigs when there is a concern about a pig becoming stuck in the pipeline, which can occur during the commissioning of a newly constructed pipeline or when working on a line that has been infrequently pigged.
Proper pipeline maintenance will save you money while protecting the public and the environment. Drinkwater offers products to protect the inside and outside of your pipelines, so you don’t have to worry about leaks or failures.