Fill-Coat #2 is used to fill the annular space between the pipeline casing and the carrier pipe. It displaces water that may be present and it prevents water from re-entering thereby mitigating any further corrosion.
Fill-Coat #2 is shipped directly to the jobsite in 55 gallon drums and pumped (at temperatures above 55°F) by air driven mastic pump directly into the casing through one casing vent until it flows from the opposite vent. Fill-Coat #2 can be heated and pumped as a liquid if desired. A 10:1 ratio mastic pump with follower plate is available from Trenton on a rental basis.
- Presents galvanic and atmospheric corrosion within casings
- Displaces and prevents re-entry of water in casing
- Satisfies DOT requirements for shorted casings
- Carrier pipe can be removed
- Inert, non-hazardous, and non-volatile
- Pumpable at temperatures above 55°F without heating
- Economical for small quantity requirements