#1 Wax-Tape is composed of a blend of microcrystalline waxes, plasticizers and corrosion inhibitors saturated into a non-woven, non-stitch bonded synthetic fabric, forming a tape wrapper. They also contain no siliceous mineral fillers.
For application on belowground metal surfaces, pipe or fittings to prevent corrosion
Wire brush and scrape the surface clean of dirt, loose coating and loose rust. Apply a thin film of Wax-Tape Primer. If the surface is wet, cold or rusty, rub and press on primer to displace moisture and ensure adhesion. Then wrap #1 Wax-Tape using a 1" overlap. On straight pipe apply slight tension to ensure contact with surface. On irregular surfaces allow slack so the tape can be molded into conformity. In either case, press and form the tape so there are no air pockets or voids under the tape. Also, press and smooth out the lap seams to ensure they are sealed. The tape does not require curing or drying time so it can be backfilled immediately. For belowground pipes that are 10” or larger, apply a Trenton outerwrap. For aggressive soil conditions a Trenton outerwrap, a rock shield or select backfill should be considered.
- 4" x 9' rolls (24 rolls/case) 35 lb./case
- 6" x 9' rolls (16 rolls/case) 35 lb./case
- Special widths and lengths available
- Ideal where only minimal surface preparation is possible
- Conforms to irregular shapes
- No drying or curing time before backfilling
- Can be applied over wet surfaces
- Nontoxic, nonflammable, noncarcinogenic, no VOCs