This innovative gasket is coated using a GPT proprietary material designed specifically for the oil and gas industry that is extremely abrasion and impact resistant. The coating is also chemically resistant to attack from H₂S, steam, CO, CO₂, and other chemicals found in oil and gas pipelines.
EVOLUTION™ has passed API 6FB fire testing in multiple sizes and pressure classes and has a considerable increase in operating temperature over GRE products. Furthermore, EVOLUTION™ does not have the permeation issues or chemical attack that plagues GRE gaskets.
Under harsh conditions, gaskets made from GRE may be vulnerable to chemical attack, blowout, thermal attack, hydrolysis and emissions —all of which can have serious consequences. EVOLUTION™ is different. Its revolutionary materials and design provides industry-leading resistance to leakage and flange corrosion, as well as unprecedented levels of fire safety.
EVOLUTION™ provides the highest pressure rating of any isolating gasket available. Unlike GRE gaskets, which are prone to delamination, EVOLUTION has no laminations and as a result can better withstand high-pressure environments.
Rated to 500°F (260°C)*, EVOLUTION™ can also operate under high temperatures. Tested comprehensively for safety, the product has API 6FB, 3rd Edition Fire Test recognition.
* When used with Mica sleeves and washers
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
316L Stainless Steel Core
- Only three millimeters (1/8 inch) thick
- Thinner profile helps make installation easier and more accurate
- High dielectric strength
- Eliminates expensive exotic cores due to the fully encapsulated coating
- Rated to 500°F (260°C)
*For higher temperature applications, please order MICA sleeves and MICA washers.
Inconel 718 C-Ring
- Fire safe - provides the added security of knowing that the gasket has passed the API 6FB, 3rd Edition Fire Test in multiple sizes/classes
- High pressure - highest pressure rating of any isolating gasket
PTFE ID Seal
- Resistant to typical oil and gas chemicals, in particular H₂S, CO, & CO₂
- Impermeable seal and encapsulated carrier eliminates the need to replace gaskets following hydro-testing
- Sealing is as low as an average of 3ppm methane in an industry standard Fugitive Emission Test
- The handle found on the EVOLUTION™ allows each gasket to be holiday tested during manufacturing to insure strong isolation performance in the field
- Helps ensure accurate alignment during installation
- Provides traceability and identification for the product
- Fire-safe flange insulation in conjunction with cathodic protection
- Insulation between dissimilar metals to prevent galvanic corrosion
- Wellhead isolation from inter-connected flow lines
- Valve connections
- Christmas Tree connections
- Pump connections
- Compressor connections
- Mating mismatched ring-joint to raised-face flanges (VCFS will seal in ring-joint, raised-face and flat face/slip-on flanges)
- Eliminate fluid trap corrosion between ring-joint (RTJ) flanges where high concentrations of CO2, H2S and other aggressive hydrocarbon media are present
- Eliminate turbulence and flow-induced erosion between ring-joint (RTJ) flanges.
- To seal between flanges subjected to vibration/cavitation (i.e., compressor stations).
- Carrier: 316L stainless steel core
- Color: Maroon with black handle
- Fluid Services: Oil and Gas
- Maximum Operating Temperature: (°F/°C): 500°F/260°C**
- Minimum Operating Temperature: (minus): -60°F/-51°C
- Maximum Pressure Class: ASME 2,500#/API 15,000*
Typical Physical Properties*
|Water Absorption (%):||0.046||ASTM D570|
|Sealability Test:||.0011ml/min||ASTM F37|
|Compression Test:||140 MPa||EN 13555 @ 260° C|
|Creep Relaxation:||1.0||EN 13555 @ 260° C|
|Leakage Test:||2.9x10-11 mg/m/s||EN 13555 @ 40 bar Helium @ 135 Mpa gasket stress)|
|Hot Blowout Test:||No blowout||HOBT @ 260° C @ 62.3 bar|
|Dielectric Strength:||1400 Volts/ Mil||ASTM D149 (Short Time)|
|Tensile Strength Gasket:||70,000 psi||ASTM D638|
|Salt Spray Test:||3000 hours - No Visible Effect||ASTM B11|
- Coefficient of Linear Thermal
- Expansion (thickness tested .125”) X-axis / Y-axis: 10.0 / 13.0 (IPC-TM 650-2.4.24)
- Flammability Rating: Fire retardant
- Fire Testing: Passed per API 6FB
- Dielectric Strength (V/mil): 1400
- This is a general guide and should not be the sole means of selecting or rejecting this material.
- * Values are typical and do not constitute specification Limits
- ** Temperature rating when using Mica sleeves/washers
- 1 All isolation products are affected by exposure to heat and moisture where electrical isolation is concerned.
- Please note that field values may vary from test values due to exposure to one or both of these environmental factors.
Coating Scratch Test
|EVOLUTION™||Fusion Bonded Epoxy||Xylan™|
|290 Passes before losing isolation||90 Passes before losing isolation||2 Passes before losing isolation|
* 400 X Magnification
TEST METHOD: SH706 Manual Scratch Hardness Tester - ISO 1518-1, tungsten carbide hemispherical stylus, 2000g of weight. Product is scratched until isolation is lost.
Test result data can be accessed though our Test Package Portal
ISOLATION KITTING OPTIONS
- Seal Types: Proprietary Coated C-ring (Standard), PTFE pressure activated seal (Standard)
- Sleeves: G11 (Standard), G10, Mica
- Washers: DH (Standard), G10, G11, ZPS, Stainless Steel, Mica
- Carrier Options: 316LSS (Standard)
- With Mica Sleeves and washers, the full kit is rated to 500F/260C.
- With G11 sleeves and washers, the full kit is rated to 392F/200C.
Studs and nuts available upon request with all kits