Features and Benefits
- Eliminates short circuits
- Eliminated field assembly
- Eliminates maintenance
- Is less expensive than competitive products
- Is coated both internally and externally
- Is 100% electrically tested
- Is completely weld inspected
- Is manufactured under an ISO Quality Management System
- 100% butt weld construction
- Available in any diameter
- Available in any ANSI Class
- Stocked in ANSI Classes 150#, 300-400#, 600#, 900# (For higher pressure classes, please contact GPT.)
150# ANSI CLASS (PN OR DP 25)
- 150# ANSI Pressure Rating = 285 psi
- ElectroStop® Continuous Operating Pressure = 300 psi
- Test Pressure = 450 psi
- Working Temperature: Range = -20 °F to 212 °F (-17 °C to 100 °C)
- Electrical Resistance (Dry Air) = 25 Mohms @ 1kv D.C.
- Breakdown Voltage (Dry Air) = 5kv @ 60Hz for 1 minute
Monolithic isolation joints shall be bolt less and completely factory assembled in accordance with the appropriate requirements of ASTM, API, DIN and BS codes. All welds shall be butt weld construction. The dielectric isolation material shall be a high temp thermosetting fiberglass epoxy material. Sealing shall be by dual static, self energized “O” ring seals housed in accurately machined grooves, fully protected from cavitation in full compliance with ASME design codes. Interior and exterior coating shall be a two part epoxy with a thickness of .016 to .024” (.40-.60mm) to within 2” of each end. Each unit shall be tested for Electrical (@5kv, 25 Mohm), Hydrostatic (@ 1.5 x O.P.) and Weld (Ultrasonic/Magnetic Particle). The Monolithic Isolation Joint shall be the Electro-Stop® Isolation Joint as manufactured by GPT.
Note: All data supplied is for standard joints. Please contact factory for nominal diameters, pressures (up to 2500 ANSI), temperatures (up to 320 °F / 160 °C) and electrical characteristics not shown. The information is subject to change at the manufacturer's discretion.
Eliminates Short Circuits
Bolts, sleeves and washers — the major source of short circuits in most isolation assemblies — are eliminated with the ElectroStop® monolithic isolation joint. Each joint is electrically tested during production to assure integrity, performance and isolating properties.
Eliminates Field Assembly
The ElectroStop® isolation joint is completely factory assembled and tested. There are no flanges, gaskets, nuts, bolts, sleeves or washers to handle and consequently no fluid leaks due to improper field assembly.
Coated Both Internally and Externally
A two-part bonded epoxy is sprayed to a thickness of .016” -.024” (.40 to .60mm) to within 2” (50.8mm) of each weld end. Each joint is tested for coating thickness uniformity and for holidays.
100% Hydrostatically Tested
All ElectroStop® joints undergo hydrostatic pressure tests at 1.5 times their rated operating pressure in accordance with ASME B31.3 standards. Testing is normally conducted for 30 minutes on joints up to 6” and for 60 minutes on 8” to 24” joints, but can be longer upon customer request. A pneumatic test is held at 87 psi for 10 minutes.
Completely Weld Inspected
All ElectroStop® joints undergo a weld inspection with a combination of ultrasonic testing (UT) and magnetic particle testing (MT) on all welds. In addition, X-ray tests can be conducted upon request. All ElectroStop® joints are manufactured under an ISO Quality Management System.